www.vorhilfe.de
- Förderverein -
Der Förderverein.

Gemeinnütziger Verein zur Finanzierung des Projekts Vorhilfe.de.
Hallo Gast!einloggen | registrieren ]
Startseite · Mitglieder · Impressum
Forenbaum
^ Forenbaum
Status VH e.V.
  Status Vereinsforum

Gezeigt werden alle Foren bis zur Tiefe 2

Navigation
 Startseite...
 Suchen
 Impressum
Das Projekt
Server und Internetanbindung werden durch Spenden finanziert.
Organisiert wird das Projekt von unserem Koordinatorenteam.
Hunderte Mitglieder helfen ehrenamtlich in unseren moderierten Foren.
Anbieter der Seite ist der gemeinnützige Verein "Vorhilfe.de e.V.".
Partnerseiten
Weitere Fächer:

Open Source FunktionenplotterFunkyPlot: Kostenloser und quelloffener Funktionenplotter für Linux und andere Betriebssysteme
Forum "Korrekturlesen" - essay
essay < Korrekturlesen < Englisch < Sprachen < Vorhilfe
Ansicht: [ geschachtelt ] | ^ Forum "Korrekturlesen"  | ^^ Alle Foren  | ^ Forenbaum  | Materialien

essay: tipps und korrektur
Datum: 22:08 Sa 20.12.2008
Autor: mehl

hallo, ich habe englisch lk und unsere nächste klausur wird wohl ein essay über das buch brave new world von adous huxley sein.
ich bin nicht so der gute essay schreiber und brauch ne ziemlich gute note in der klausurweil die erste durch blödes schlamassel in die hose ging....
mein lehrer legt vorallem auf überleitungen und richtigkeit der sätze wert. seine letzte argumentation war, dass ich lieber leichtes schreiben soll, was ich gut beherrsche also schwierige satzkonstruktionen mit fehlern.
also nun zu meiner frage :
als erstes wollte ich fragen ob jmd allgemein tipps für das essay hat. Gibts ne spezielle anweisung?
wie verknüpfe ich sätze besonders gut? schreibe ich erst die tehesen und verknüfe danach oder wie mach ich das am besten? bin für alle tipps dankbar!!!
cool wäre es auch wenn jmd eine liste mit engl. üerleitungen v.a. für pro contra argumente parrat hätte :) das würde mich sehr freuen :)
so aber nun zur eigentlichen frage:
ich hab mir vorgenommen jetzt in den winterferien jeden 2. tag ca einen essay zu schreiben: Themen gebier wird brave new world sein....
ich kenne leider keinen, der meine essays korregieren lesen oder mir tipps dabei geben könnte..
deswegen wollte ich fragen, wer sich bereit erklären würde in den ferien jetzt so alle 2 tage meine aufsätze zu lesen und zu sagen was man besser machen könnte etc. würde mir denk ich viel helfen, da ich letztes jahr sehr schlechten bis keinen engl. unterricht hatte und ich ihm schreiben nicht sehr gut bin
für alle weiteren tipps und tricks auch über brave new world von huxely bin ich dankbar:)
lg
meli

Bezug
essay: Mitteilung
Datum: 02:25 So 21.12.2008
Autor: reverend

Zu "connecting phrases" im Englischen finde ich zwar gerade keine Seite, aber ich schaue ab und zu gern durch Deine Essay-Versuche. Vom 29.12.-3.1. bin ich allerdings verreist.

lg,
rev

Bezug

Bezug
essay: there do you want to live?
Datum: 12:49 So 21.12.2008

Write down the pros und cons of B.N.W. And the sevage. Then make a decision.

After I have read B.N.W. By A. H. I must say that if I was asked the question wether I want to live in Brave New World or in the Idian reservation I would probably need a bit of time to think about this. Both, Brave New World and the sevage show positive and negative aspects, which both speak for or against the life at this place.
Well, let us first look at the Brave New World and then turn on to the reservation to consider the pros und the cons.

First, some would say the good side of Brave New World, is that there is no fear of war death, diseases and unemployment. Brave New World also has a very good police system, so everbody is in savety from robs und public violence.
On the other hand, you must look at the negative aspects, which are definitly against a life in the civilized state. The System of Brave New World only works when consumerism and no identity outside the cast-systeme is provided. Another thing, that shows the bad side of the state is the law, which doesn't allow any kinds of family, selfmade ,individual identity , history,art and serious science so that the stability of the state is not in danger of new,different and uncontrolled ideas in the heads of the civilization.

After we have talked about the pos. and the negative facts in the System of Brave New World, we will now watch at the wild side of the book: the sevage oder reservation, where the wild Indians live, and talk about the pro und the cons.
There are some reasons, why I would prefer living in the sevage village than in B.N. W. On of it is, that in the wilderness you are allowed to have families. Children are born by mothers and not made in mass production as in the civilzed state. Secondly you can see all types of ages in the reservation; very young people next to old very one. To add, in the sevage,people can develope a real self-made, individual identity- without conditioning, but full of emotions-. Besides, in the reservation feelings like love, hate or charity are known and can be handeled with.
But having recieved the good sides on the one hand the Sevage also contains bad things on the other.
To begin, there is vast dirt an smell and the citizen of the reservation wear very primitive clothes. Another facte that doesn't let me prefer a life in the village is, that you always must be aware of violence. In the Sevage violence is seen as a functional way for solving all problems.
Consequently the reservation doesn't have only good things in it, which affect life.
After considering the pros and cons of both worlds, the civilized Brave New World and the wild reservation , I have made my decision not to live in any of the two. Having to live somewhere I would preder a lonely, simple life like John it does at the end of the story.

ich glaub ist ein bissche zu lang... sollen ja ca 300 wörter sein...
satzzeichen sind glaub ich auc oft falsch..
also vlt. findet ja jmd zeit wäre nett....

Bezug

Bezug
essay: Antwort
Datum: 00:05 Mo 22.12.2008

Hallo Meli,

> Write down the pros und cons of B.N.W. And the sevage.

Das ist kein Englisch... "and" klein (der Satz geht weiter), savage.
Selbst dann ist die Aufgabenstellung eigenartig: das Für und Wider der Schönen Neuen Welt und des Wilden? Was ist das denn für eine Gegenüberstellung?

> Then make a decision.
>  
> After I have Having read B.N.W. by A. H., I must say that if I was
> asked (the question) whether I
> would want to live in the Brave New World
> or in the Indian reservation I would probably need a bit of
> time to think about this. Both, the Brave New World and the
> savage show positive and negative aspects , which both
> speak for or against (the) life at this place.
> Well, let us first look at the Brave New World and then
> turn on to the reservation to consider the pros und the
> cons.
>  
> First, some would say the good side of the Brave New World , is
> that there is no fear of war, death, diseases and
> unemployment. The Brave New World also has a very good police
> system, so everbody is in safety safe from robs
> robbery and public violence.
> On the other hand, you must look at the negative aspects,
> which are definitely against a life in the civilized state.
> The system of (the) Brave New World only works when consumerism
> and no identity outside the cast-systeme is provided.

Was will dieser Satz sagen? Ich verstehe ihn nicht.

> Another thing , that shows the bad side of the state is the
> law , which doesn't allow any kinds of family, selfmade
> , individual identity, history, arts and serious science so
> that the stability of the state is not in danger of
> new, different and uncontrolled ideas in the heads of the
> civilization.
>
> After we have talked about the pros. positive and (the) negative facts
> in the System of the Brave New World, we will now watch at

I'm watching at you? An dieser Stelle geht eine Menge, aber das nicht.
...turn to
...take a (closer) look at
...examine
...plunge into
...scrutinize

> the wild side of the book: the savage oder reservation, where
> the wild Indians live, and talk about the pros und the
> cons.
>  There are some reasons, why I would prefer living in the
> savage village than to (living in) the B.N. W.
> One of it is , that in the
> wilderness you are allowed to have families. Children are
> born by mothers and not made in mass production as in the
> civilized state. Secondly, you can see all types of ages in
> the reservation; very young people next to old very old ones.
> To add In addition to this/Furthermore/Moreover, in the savage ,
> people can develope a real self-made,
> individual identity - without conditioning, but full of
> emotions. Besides, in the reservation feelings like love,
> hate or charity are known and can be handeled with.

...can be handled, besser: can be dealt with.

> But having received

Meinst Du "perceived", wahrgenommen? Übrigens: "i before e, except after c"

> the good sides on the one hand the
> Savage also contains bad things on the other.
> To begin with, there is vast dirt and smell and the citizens of
> the reservation wear very primitive clothes. Another facte
> that doesn't let/make me prefer a life in the village is , that
> you must always must be aware of violence. In the Savage,
> violence is seen as a functional way for solving all
> problems.
>  Consequently, the reservation doesn't have only good things
> in it , which affect life.

>

> After considering the pros and cons of both worlds, the
> civilized Brave New World and the wild reservation, I have
> made my decision not to live in any of the two. Having to
> live somewhere, I would prerer a lonely, simple life like
> John it does at the end of the story.

Ähem, ich dachte, der bringt sich um?

> ich glaub ist ein bissche zu lang... sollen ja ca 300
> wörter sein...
>  satzzeichen sind glaub ich auc oft falsch..
>  also vlt. findet ja jmd zeit wäre nett....

Stimmt, Satzzeichen sind ziemlich falsch. Schau Dir nochmal englische Kommasetzung an, die ist ganz anders als im Deutschen (außer bei Aufzählungen, da ist es gleich).
Ansonsten ist es doch gar nicht so schlecht, vielleicht ein bisschen schnell heruntergeschrieben. Dafür ist Dein Vokabular ok, und vor allem kannst Du offenbar die Zeiten und ihre Verwendung recht gut. Das ist doch eine super Grundlage!

Hast Du auch Französisch, oder liest Du manchmal älteres Englisch?
"develope" und "facte" sehen für englische Augen nach beidem aus (und sind es doch nicht: developpe schrieb man, und fact, ersteres noch wie Französisch, letzteres aber schon wie heute.

Im übrigen habe ich bis auf eine einzige Stelle der "Brave New World" immer einen bestimmten Artikel spendiert. Ich weiß nicht mehr, wie das im Buch war, aber an die Form dort würde ich mich ggf. halten. Wenn man's aber nicht weiß, dann geht es nicht ohne den Artikel.

Ach so, , erkennt man nicht so gut. Das ist ein durchgestrichenes Komma.
Und manche Streichungen einzelner Buchstaben (kinds, handeled) sind auch schlecht zu sehen. Schau genau hin, ich war manchmal zu faul, es rot zu markieren...

Viel Erfolg weiterhin,
reverend

Bezug

Bezug
essay: mal wieder ein essay;)
Datum: 09:30 Mi 24.12.2008

also thema: in you opinion? is the world in Brave New world a utopian world or dystopian world?
ich hab die frage ein wenig umgewandelt und zu beiden seiten was geschrieben..theoretisch kann man ja laut fragestellung die lineare schreibwiese hier auch machen und nur auf einen aspect eingehen. da ich aber pro- contra schreiben üben muss hab  ichs eben so gemacht.
noch eine kleine frage :
der essay is wieder ziemlich lang... ich neige auch leider mehr dazu zu viel zu schreiben als wenig...
gibt es tipps wie ich mir irgendwie des einteilen kann..
ich find 300 wörter für einen essay echt knapp und weiß nicht wie ich das hinbekommen soll?
hat jmd nen tipp?
wie krieg ich complexe sachen auf wenig wörter?
danke schon mal

nun der essay
Yesterday, my English teacher told me that the Brave New World in Aldous Huxley's book “Brave New World“ is a state where probably a minority of people want to live in. Answering my question, how someone can be willing to live in such a tolitarian state, he said that The Brave New World is not only a dystopian world, but also a an utopian world. Is that true? Can the Brave New World considered a Utopia ?In my opinion The world is only a dystopian world, but let us find out why or how it could be both.
There are some who might say that The Brave New World in Huxley's novel is an utopian world, because of the huge offer of spare time activitiies, which is provided in the society. Besides you can add that the great stbility of the the state leads to ,for instance, nowar, no unemployment,no riots or robberys, too. Furthermore, the concept „everyone works for erveryone else“ creates a class- consciousness and let the citizens of the world feel individualistic according to their purpose in the system. Thus, being conditioned in every part of education, the inhabitants don't worry about disesases,family or death. That means that the medical development in Brave New World is enable to eliminate every kind of sickness or illness an provides a painless life with a nice, peacefull death at the age of 60. Another fact the medcial use promises is the pure, all time lasting happiness, which is produced through the positive,offical drug called „soma“. Additionally, „soma“ has no negativ effects and generates happiness.
After we have talked about the facts which allow to say that Th Brave New World is an utopian world, we will now look at the dystopian side of the world.
According to that, there are also some reasons which make the state a hard und bad world to citizens. First to say, the misue of sciene with the only aim of comfort and pleasure is seen in the big offer of parttime activiy equipment for ,for example,sport activies. Thus, only a few serious sciences are allowed in the system. Full sciene, to add, is forbidden. Another misue is made in the medicine. Medical misuse, moreover, workds only for the conditioning of people and the aim „stability in the state“. People are, however, conditioned to dislike books, histiry,art and natrual things like flowers. The should be consumers all time long, too. It is also not allowed to have a family, get  really individualistic,getting new ideas via books, history or art. At that,everyone belongs to his cast and can't leave it. By the massproduction of embryos the medical is also perverted. What is more, the inhabitants are conditioned to their purpose in society and must tae their part in the role of the system Outsiders or revolters are caught by the very goo police system, and if they think diffenernt,they will be banished to an island.
So, as you can see, the Brave New World doens't only contain positive aspects considering an utopian world. If you compare th utopian aspects and the distopian you will find out that many utopian facts are chanceled by the dystipian ones. To keep a long story short, acorrding to my opinion, one can sey The Brave New World is more an dystipian word than an utopian. At that let us call it an negative utopia.

Bezug

Bezug
essay: Samstag
Datum: 00:14 Fr 26.12.2008

Hallo Meli,

ich komme erst am Samstag dazu, Deinen Text zu bearbeiten.
Vielleicht schafft es ja jemand früher?

Grüße,
reverend

Bezug

Bezug
Datum: 19:30 Fr 26.12.2008
Autor: moody

Hallo,

ich würde es ähnlich wie reverend vor Samstag ebenfalls nicht schaffen, dass zu korrigeren.

Nebenbei, das sind > 570 Wörter, damit bist du etwas über's Ziel hinausgeschossen.

Wenn reverend das morgen also nicht schafft, würd ich das wohl auch machen.

Bezug

Bezug
Datum: 13:27 Sa 27.12.2008

dankeschön :)
ja ich weiß...
das ist mein problem, dass ich es einfach nicht schaffe 300 wörter nur zu schreiben -.- ich neige mehr zum mehr schreiben und weiß nicht wie ich mich kurzfassen soll#:(

Bezug

Bezug
essay: Antwort
Datum: 00:30 So 28.12.2008

> also thema: in your opinion ?, is the world in Brave New world
> a utopian world or dystopian world?
>  ich hab die frage ein wenig umgewandelt und zu beiden
> seiten was geschrieben..theoretisch kann man ja laut
> fragestellung die lineare schreibwiese hier auch machen und
> nur auf einen aspect eingehen. da ich aber pro- contra
> schreiben üben muss hab  ichs eben so gemacht.
>  noch eine kleine frage :
> der essay is wieder ziemlich lang... ich neige auch leider
> mehr dazu zu viel zu schreiben als wenig...
>  gibt es tipps wie ich mir irgendwie des einteilen kann..
>  ich find 300 wörter für einen essay echt knapp und weiß
> nicht wie ich das hinbekommen soll?
>  hat jmd nen tipp?
>  wie krieg ich komplexe sachen auf wenig wörter?
>  danke schon mal

In Sprachforen bitte keine Chatsprache: korrekte Groß- und Kleinschreibung, Rechtschreibung, so wenig Abkürzungen wie möglich ("jmd" etc.), Umgangssprache nur dann, wenn sie tatsächlich zugleich Thema ist. Danke.

Ok, Tipp vorab: mach Dir ein paar Stichworte. Welche Themen willst Du behandeln, was sind die Kernargumente? Bring sie in eine Reihenfolge, die Dir logisch erscheint - so, dass Du von jedem Punkt zum jeweils nächsten kommen kannst. Dazu reicht eine grobe Idee. Je weniger Punkte das insgesamt sind, umso besser. Zähl sie und teile 300 durch die Zahl Deiner Punkte. Dann hast Du einen Richtwert, wie lang die einzelnen Argumentationen sein sollen. Schreib als nächstes eine Rohschrift und unterteile sie in die Abschnitte, die Deine Gliederung ergeben hat. Zähle die Wörter der einzelnen Abschnitte. Vielleicht sind einige zu kurz. Warum? War das Argument nicht ergiebig? Dann ist es womöglich auf einen Nebensatz zu beschränken.
Andere Abschnitte werden zu lang sein. Versuch, sie zu kürzen. Was muss nicht unbedingt gesagt werden? Was kann man kürzer formulieren?
Damit kommst Du zumindest zu Texten, die die Vorgabe nicht mehr so sehr überschreiten. Lehrer stöhnen zu Recht über lange Texte, die sie korrigieren müssen. Wenn viele Schüler so lang schreiben, wächst der Arbeitsaufwand erheblich, und man verbringt selbst Tage wie Weihnachten, Silvester, Neujahr, Ostern mit Korrekturen, die man selbst nicht für sinnvoll hält. Das schlägt auf die Laune. Texte, die genügend Inhalt bieten, aber trotzdem gut lesbar sind (also auch nicht zu kurz...), machen dagegen Spaß, sogar wenn sie Anlass zu Korrekturen bieten.

> nun der essay

seufz.

>  Yesterday, my English teacher told me that the Brave New
> World in Aldous Huxley's book “Brave New World“ is a state
> where probably a minority of people wants to live in.
> Answering my question , how someone (can) could be willing to

es folgt "he said", deswegen "could" in der indirekten Rede.

> live in such a tolitarian state, he said that The Brave New
> World is not only a dystopian world, but also a an utopian

gesprochener Anlaut, deswegen ohne "n"!

> world. Is that true? Can the Brave New World be considered a
> Utopia? In my opinion, the world is only a dystopian world,
> but let us find out why or how it could be both.
> There are some who might say that The Brave New World in
> Huxley's novel is an utopian world, because of the huge
> offer of spare time activitiies , which is provided in the
> society. Besides, you can (besser: might) add that the great stability of the
> the state leads to, for instance (Abk.: i.e.), no war, no unemployment, no
> riots or robberys, too.

"too" kann eine positive Aufzählung beenden. Eine negative Aufzählung beendet man mit "either". Das klingt hier aber auch eigenartig, weil der Satz nicht darauf hinleitet. Besser wäre:
...stability of the state prevents evil, i.e. war, unemployment, riots and robbery, to name a few.
oder: ...stability of the state ensures that there is no war or unemployment, nor riots or robberies either.

> Furthermore, the concept „everyone
> works for erveryone else“ creates a class-consciousness
> and lets the citizens of the world feel individualistic
> according to their purpose/role in the system. Thus, being
> conditioned in every part of education, the inhabitants
> don't worry about disesases, family or death.

Sie machen sich keine Sorgen um Krankheiten, Familie oder Tod? Das ist auch im Deutschen eine ziemlich schräge Formulierung!

> That means
> that the medical development in the Brave New World
> is enable makes it possible (oder: allows)
> to eliminate every kind of sickness or illness and
> provides ensures
> a painless life with a nice, peacefulll death at the age of

"full" als einzelnes Wort: zwei "l". Als wortbildender Bestandteil: immer ein "l"!!!

> 60. Another fact the medical use (?) promises is the pure, all
> time
everlasting happiness , which is produced through by the
> positive, offical drug called „soma“. Additionally, „soma“
> has no negative effects and generates happiness.

(Hier: Absatz!)

> After we have Having talked about the facts which that allow to say
> that The Brave New World is an utopian world, we will now
> look at the dystopian side of the/that world.
> Accordingly to that, there are also some reasons which make
> the state a hard und bad world to citizens. First to say, ??
> the misuse of science with the only aim of comfort and
> pleasure is seen in the big offer of part-time activity
> equipment for, for example (besser Abk.: e.g.), sport activities. Thus, only a few
> serious sciences are allowed in the system. Full science, to
> add, is forbidden.

Volle Wissenschaft, hinzuzufügen, ist verboten. Das ist verständlich, aber kein Deutsch. Der englische Satz ist auch nicht besser. Was willst Du sagen?

> Another misuse is made in the medicine.

Ein anderer Missbrauch wird in der Medizin gemacht. Dito.
Nebenbei: das Korrekturlesen auf einfache Tippfehler könntest Du schon selbst übernehmen...

> Medical misuse, moreover, workds only for the conditioning
> of people and the aim „stability in the state“. People are,
> however, conditioned to dislike books, history, arts and
> natural things like flowers.
> The should be consumers all time long, too.

Äh, vielleicht so: sie sollen auch die ganze Zeit nur Verbraucher sein? At the same time, they are supposed to be nothing but consumers.

> It is also not allowed to have a family,
> get really individualistic, getting (was denn jetzt: to have, get, getting... entscheide Dich für eine Form, gern die richtige ;-)
> new ideas via books,
> history or arts. At that,everyone belongs to his cast (Kaste? -> caste and
> can't cannot leave it. By the mass pproduction of embryos, the
> medical science is also perverted. What is more, the inhabitants
> are conditioned to their purpose in society and must take
> their part in the role of the system. Outsiders or revolters
> are caught by the very good police system, and if they think
> differently, they will be banished to an island.

Unschön. ...and those who think differently will be...

> So, as you can see, the Brave New World doens't only
> contain positive aspects considering an utopian world. If
> you compare the utopian aspects and the dystopian ones, you will
> find out that many utopian facts are chancelled by the
> dystopian ones. To keep a long story short, accor[s]r[/]ding to my
> opinion, one can sey say/see? the Brave New World is more of an
> dystipian word than an utopian. At that let us call it an
> negative utopia.

At that? Was würdest Du denn auf deutsch sagen?

Bezug

Bezug
essay: Fälligkeit abgelaufen
Datum: 22:24 So 28.12.2008
Autor: matux

$MATUXTEXT(ueberfaellige_frage)
Bezug
Ansicht: [ geschachtelt ] | ^ Forum "Korrekturlesen"  | ^^ Alle Foren  | ^ Forenbaum  | Materialien

^ Seitenanfang ^
ev.vorhilfe.de
[ Startseite | Mitglieder | Impressum ]